Given the evolution of the pandemic in Portugal and, above all, the vaccination process, the Government has decided to move on to the next phase of the Plan for the Gradual Lifting of Restrictions, as planned on July 29th, when the strategy was presented.
Measures implemented everywhere in Portugal
Thus, and starting on October 1st – the date on which it is expected that more than 85% of the Portuguese population will be completely vaccinated against Covid-19 – the following measures will be adopted:
- Opening of bars and nightclubs with a digital certificate
- Restaurants will no longer have a maximum limit of people per group
- End of the digital certificate requirement for access to restaurants, tourist establishments or local accommodation, bingo halls, casinos, group classes in gyms, spas and thermal spas
- End of capacity limits, namely for weddings, baptisms, commerce and cultural shows
Mandatory presentation of the covid-19 digital certificate for:
- Travel by air or sea
- Visits to nursing homes and healthcare facilities
- Major cultural, sporting or corporate events
- Bars and nightclubs
The use of masks will continue to be mandatory for:
- Public transportation
- Nursing homes
- Halls of shows and events
- Large Surfaces
New decree detailing the State of Alert published by Portuguese Government
The Portuguese Government has today published the new decree which was discussed at the Council of Ministers meeting last week. The Resolution of the Council of Ministers No. 135-A/2021 sets out the rules regarding the changes implemented for the final Situation of Alert. This decree runs from 01 October until 23.59 on the 31st October 2021.
At this time any changes have been made to the Travel decree so only those with an EU covid digital certificate and those from countries which have made an agreement with the EU to recognize their respective certificates are allowed to enter Portugal without the need for a negative test. All other countries where no agreement is currently in place are required to produce a negative test on arrival.